I’m going to include a pic of my new(ish) finds pouch here, since I forgot to do so earlier. Detecting Goodies sewed it for me, and even stitched an image of my choice on the front (obvious what that choice was):
I like the pouch a lot looks-wise, but I’ve found it has some issues; the velcro on the flap isn’t big enough, so it often pops open. I’ve gone to the standard Minelab finds pouch myself, but I’ve attached this one to a secondary belt for guests (Dad?)…
April has been a slow month so far, as most fields are under growing crops, and I’ve needed to concentrate on my thesis. I got out for an evening hunt on
11 April 2015, Noah
and found another bent lead trade token and some unidentified bits, as well as a spectacular giant spindle whorl:
12 April 2015, OBMDC Dig in Cumnor
We had a massive ploughed field as a club today, but not much came up. I had arguably the best outing with a milled silver sixpence of Victoria (1901), and a local trade token from an Oxford mercer, or cloth merchant (1657). The pics below show the silver out of the ground and cleaned up.
14 April 2015, Sir Thomas
A quick evening hunt on Roman Alley turned up three Roman radiates of indifferent quality, though one has a nice reverse:
19 April 2015, Northmoor OBMDC Dig
I finished a thesis draft at 5:30 am, but still tried to make a club dig at 9 to clear my head. Unfortunately I slept in and didn’t show at the dig site until 11. It was on fields near the Thames in Northmoor that the club has visited many times. People were already leaving in frustration when I arrived, and as I have a P nearby, I decided to try my luck on the latter. Shortly after I left, however, Mike H. found a gorgeous hammered silver Soldino. I searched on my P for an hour or two on pasture but only found this George III half (1799), which I gave to the landowner:
23 April 2015, Sir Thomas
A short hunt found me this knackered Roman radiate on Sir Thomas:
24 April 2015, Ulmo
Ulmo has just been ploughed, and as most the other fields are under crops, I thought I’d take a try before it begins growing. I managed to turn up two Romans, one of which was damaged but with a nice portrait, with the other illegible. I also found a bit of medieval buckle and an as-yet unidentified object.